Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

My(Altidude's) reaction to Bin Laden's death

When I first heard the news of Osama Bin Laden's TIMELY(keyword) death, I was just as surprised, excited, and proud as any American. Then, I started to analyze the situation like I often do, and before long my conspiratorial instinct took full control of my emotions. I couldn't help but think back to when former President George W. Bush had his own "great seizure" of another symbol of everything "Non-American" in Saddam Hussein. Then I thought about how eerily similar the situations were in that both President Obama, and former President Bush were fast approaching re-election bids against very hostile competition, in the opposing party, and waning public approval. Just how "perfect" was the timing of this event? It comes not even 2 days after President Obama jokingly(or not) took very critical, yet true, shots at Presidential hopeful Donald Trump, and maybe a week after releasing his birth certificate to the public.
Then something else happened, I changed the channel from the "Obama Friendly" MSNBC to the "Obama Detracting" FOX NEWS, and found myself once again a proud American. Not because their coverage of this very historic event was any greater than the aforementioned MSNBC's, but because I found myself having to defend my choice for President. Though I thought FOX NEWS host Geraldo did an excellent job, there were others who took this historic moment and made it POLTICAL! this is no time to attack your Commander In Chief, on POLITICS! I heard comments like, "The Obama Administration would be making a real mistake if they tried to take full credit for this, and not give fmr President Bush his due". Really? You mean the same guy that had let Osama Bin Laden completely fall off of the grid by the time he left office? Really? At the end of the day this is America, and never before have I been reminded of that more than on the night of May 1st 2011, whether in a good way, or a bad way.



Altidude Chairman/CEO of V's UP Ent.
www.twitter.com/VsUpMusic
www.twitter.com/Altidude
www.twitter.com/thenewmalcolm
www.twitter.com/Fresh_Ness_
www.altidudedmv.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment